Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back-to-School Offering

For through the law I died to the law, that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me. ~Galatians 2:19-20

There are many different reactions that come with going back to school. It is disappointing to have the carefree days of summer coming to a close. It can be sad to watch the days of sleeping until noon slip silently into the past.  The prospect of homework, novels, papers, and impossible math problems can make school look less and less appealing. However, there is something fun and exciting about the opportunity to learn new things, to embrace new ideas, and to grow in an educational setting.  Also, with everyone running in different directions all summer long, it can be nice to have the consistency of school to keep friendships going.

No matter what your personal reaction to school is, it can be universally admitted that going back to school changes things.  The pressures in your life change.  The demands on your time change. Your sleeping habits change. Your friendships change.

One thing that does not change is our call to die to self and allow God to live more and more in us.  We are called to be Christ to the world.  We are called to reveal God and His love to those we meet.  We are called to make an offering of our lives, to God, so that His perfect will may be embraced.

What is God asking you to give to Him this school year?  How is calling you to surrender more of yourself for the glory of His Kingdom?  What do you need to give to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment