Sunday, October 17, 2010

Is Your Music Lying to You?

Most popular music today does.

It tells you that sex and drinking and using other people for pleasure will satisfy your deepest longings.

They won't.

You see, you were created to long desperately for satisfaction.  You were created to long for God.  It is He that you seek when you find yourself painfully wanting something, wanting more. He is the answer.

That is the truth.

The most popular songs don't promote that message. They don't promote the truth. I bet you've heard those songs.  I bet you even know most of the words.

Let's go all the way tonight. No regrets, just love. We can dance until we die. You and I, we'll be young forever.

I want you to love me, like I'm a hot guy. Keep thinkin' of me, doin' what you like .So boy forget about the world cuz it's gon' be me and you tonight. I wanna make your bed for ya, then imma make you swallow your pride 

My girlfriend's out of town. And I'm all alone. Your boyfriend's on vacation. And he doesn't have to know. 

Maybe you're thinking that you just ignore the words; you just like the beat.  Then why is that you can sing every word?

We are constantly fed with lies. We allow ourselves to be blatantly lied to when we listen to this music.  These popular songs are songs that glorify premarital sex, cheating, and using other people in order to gain some sort of satisfaction for ourselves.

Do you want to be lied to?

The truth is, God loves you.  He came (John 3:16) and died for you (John 19:30).  He did that so that you could be called children of the light, so that you would not have to live in the darkness of lies, that you may have peace (Luke 1:79). He is waiting, in truth and love, to give you want you most desire. You were made for an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).

Don't let yourself be lied to.

It is the truth that sets you free. (John 8:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment